Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog hop hosted by the amazing Lisa at Honeybearz Designs! This is my 3rd year of participating in this hop. I get so excited each and every year to sign up to participate! I would like to personally thank the amazing Elf Lisa for hosting such a fun event. This year I am doing something different. I am going to post a different DIY Holiday Christmas bulb using simple craft supplies. I hope that you will come back everyday to see all 12 Ornaments. I have been hard at work in Santa’s Workshop to bring you fun projects each and every day! Before we go any further though I want to make sure that you stopped here after visiting our Guest Elf- Debbie be sure to click HERE if you need to start at the beginning be sure to click HERE.
For my 5th ornament I decided to shake things up just a bit! We all have used Mod Podge and love it right? Look at how I did this.
- I had a magazine that had several pages of Christmas adds. I ripped out the pages and tore them into tiny pieces
- Take your mod podge and a paint brush and start painting the bulb
- Add your paper to the bulb and continue this step until your bulb is covered in paper
- Allow it to dry *Note- I like to smooth the paper down with my fingers while it is still wet to make sure all of the bumps are pressed out and I have a perfect looking ornament
- After it is dry add glitter spray to your ornament
- Take jute and black ribbon to make the hook
- YAY!!! You have made yourself a vintage looking ornament
I hope that you like the ornament today! Be sure to pull out those old Christmas bulbs and up-cycle them. Be Creative in what you do, and do what you love. I know that this elf sure had fun in her workshop creating this cute bulb. Here is one more look at this fun vintage bulb.
Next up in this hop is the super talented ELF- Ashley be sure to check out what she is making in Santa’s Workshop.
But wait before you go let’s give a big Thank You shout out to our sponsors!!
In order to be eligible to Win be sure to read the rules HERE
Also here is the Hop Line up for Day 5 in case you get lost.
- Lisa Pontious – http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com
Haidee – http://created2bunique.blogspot.com(Guest Designer)
Debbie – http://myscrapbookgarden.blogspot.com(Guest Designer)
- Madge – http://www.thescrappinlounge.com/blog
- Ashley W – http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com
- Sandy Hentzel – https://www.bloglovin.com/…/scrapbook-blessings-club-5722003
- Elizabeth Jeanne – http://CraftsByHappyStamper.com
- Angela – www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com
- Alicia – www.goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com
- Miranda – www.nanasscrapspot.com
- Daphne – http://craftyscrapsofstuff.blogspot.com
- Rhonda – craftingwithblue.blogspot.com
- Charmagne – http://www.sanurascraps.blogspot.com
- Barbara- http://barbarab3.blogspot.com/
- Lisa F – http://lisaslittlerascals.blogspot.com/
- Sharondalyn – Http://www.clippingsbysharondalyn.blogspot.com
- Jessi – http://www.mylifeinartsncrafts.co
- Heather – Http://www.paper-junkie.blogspot.com