Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog hop hosted by the amazing Lisa at Honeybearz Designs! This is my 3rd year of participating in this hop. I get so excited each and every year to sign up to participate! I would like to personally thank the amazing Elf Lisa for hosting such a fun event. This year I am doing something different. I am going to post a different DIY Holiday Christmas bulb using simple craft supplies. I hope that you will come back everyday to see all 12 Ornaments. I have been hard at work in Santa’s Workshop to bring you fun projects each and every day! Before we go any further though I want to make sure that you stopped here after visiting our Guest Elf- Brenda be sure to click HERE if you need to start at the beginning be sure to click HERE.
Who is ready for this quick and easy Christmas Bulb? This is one of my personal favorites. Not only does it scream ELF SOCKS, but it is warm and fuzzy for your tree.
I am sure you are wondering what is it that I used to make this cute Christmas Ornament! Well, let me tell you! Are you ready? DRUM ROLL………. Christmas Socks!!!! Check out how I made this Ornament below!
Items that you will need:
- Pair of Christmas socks
- Plastic Christmas Bulb (or old bulb you have lying around the house)
Now how to make this:
- Remove the top off of your ornament
- Take your sock and stuff your ornament in the top and push it down to the bottom
- Measure above the bulb at least 2″ and then cut straight across
- Tuck the excess sock down inside the opening of the bulb OR you could just tie it closed with your ribbon or jute to change things up a bit
- Put the top back on your ornament
- Tie a bow with your ribbon, put a hook on it and you are all ready to go.
OPTIONAL: If you purchase long socks you will have plenty left over to make at least one maybe two more ornaments. All you need to do is turn the sock inside out and take a baby elastic and elastic the end closed (you can sew it too if you prefer) turn the sock right side out and stuff the bulb into the sock repeating the above steps.
I hope that you like the ornament today! Be sure to pull out those old Christmas bulbs and up-cycle them. Be Creative in what you do, and do what you love. I know that this elf sure had fun in her workshop creating this cute bulb.
Next up in this hop is the super talented ELF- Ashley be sure to check out what she is making in Santa’s Workshop.
But wait before you go let’s give a big Thank You shout out to our sponsors!!
In order to be eligible to Win be sure to read the rules HERE
Also here is the Hop Line up for Day 11 in case you get lost.
- Lisa Pontious – http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com
Theresa – http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com (Guest Designer)
Shannon http://shannonhdesigns.blogspot.com (Guest Designer)
Brenda – https://www.facebook.com/2sistersstampin/(Guest Designer)
- Madge – http://www.thescrappinlounge.com/blog
- Ashley W – http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com
- Sandy Hentzel –https://www.bloglovin.com/…/scrapbook-blessings-club-5722003
- Elizabeth Jeanne – http://CraftsByHappyStamper.com
- Angela – www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com
- Alicia – www.goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com
- Miranda – www.nanasscrapspot.com
- Daphne – http://craftyscrapsofstuff.blogspot.com
- Rhonda – craftingwithblue.blogspot.com
- Charmagne – http://www.sanurascraps.blogspot.com
- Robin – http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com
- Barbara- http://barbarab3.blogspot.com
- Lisa F – http://lisaslittlerascals.blogspot.com