Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog hop hosted by the amazing Lisa at Honeybearz Designs! This is my 3rd year of participating in this hop. I get so excited each and every year to sign up to participate! I would like to personally thank the amazing Elf Lisa for hosting such a fun event. This year I am doing something different. I am going to post a different DIY Holiday Christmas bulb using simple craft supplies. I hope that you will come back everyday to see all 12 Ornaments. I have been hard at work in Santa’s Workshop to bring you fun projects each and every day! Before we go any further though I want to make sure that you stopped here after visiting our Guest Elf- Mary be sure to click HERE if you need to start at the beginning be sure to click HERE.
For my 6th ornament I was in to mood for Frosty the Snowman to make an appearance. This bulb for me is one of my personal favorites. I have seen several of these cute little guys on Pinterest and wanted to try one of my own.
Here are the items you need to make this cute snowman
- Plastic Christmas Bulb from the dollar store
- White paint
- Black Paint
- Orange Paint
- Sponge Paint Brush
- Grey Chevron Ribbon
- Paper Cup
Here are the steps that I took to create “Frosty”
- Take the top off of your bulb, pour white paint inside of the bulb. Swirl around the paint so it covers the whole inside of your bulb
- Tip the bulb upside down on top of a plastic cup, this will allow all of the excess paint to come out of the bulb. You want to leave your bulb to dry.
- When your bulb is dry, take the sponge paint brush and use the end to create the dots. Two black eyes, and your mouth.
- Take your sponge brush and orange paint and make the carrot nose.
- Set your bulb aside so it will dry
- Add the top back onto your bulb and tie a piece of grey chevron ribbon to the top of your bulb.
Check it out! You have now created your very own “Frosty the Snowman”!
I hope that you like the ornament today! Be sure to pull out those old Christmas bulbs and up-cycle them. Be Creative in what you do, and do what you love. I know that this elf sure had fun in her workshop creating this cute bulb.
Next up in this hop is the super talented ELF- Ashley be sure to check out what she is making in Santa’s Workshop.
But wait before you go let’s give a big Thank You shout out to our sponsors!!
In order to be eligible to Win be sure to read the rules HERE
Also here is the Hop Line up for Day 6 in case you get lost.
- Lisa Pontious – http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com
Mary – www.scrappintoday.blogspot.com (Guest Designer)
- Madge – http://www.thescrappinlounge.com/blog
- Ashley W – http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com
- Sandy Hentzel – https://www.bloglovin.com/…/scrapbook-blessings-club-5722003
- Elizabeth Jeanne – http://CraftsByHappyStamper.com
- Angela – www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com
- Alicia – www.goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com
- Miranda – www.nanasscrapspot.com
- Daphne – http://craftyscrapsofstuff.blogspot.com
- Rhonda – craftingwithblue.blogspot.com
- Charmagne – http://www.sanurascraps.blogspot.com
- Barbara- http://barbarab3.blogspot.com
- Lisa F – http://lisaslittlerascals.blogspot.com
- Sharondalyn – Http://www.clippingsbysharondalyn.blogspot.com
- Jessi – http://www.mylifeinartsncrafts.co
- Heather – Http://www.paper-junkie.blogspot.com