Let's get right down to business. I bought these fun ornaments at Wal-Mart for $0.49 each. They are foam balls. I bought two little guys and one big one. I knew immediately how I was going to make them. Let me show you the ornaments first and then I will tell you how I made these sweet little shabby chic Christmas Ornaments.
Here are the products that I used to create these fun ornaments:
- Washi Tape four different kinds
- Robin's Egg Paint from Poppy Seed Projects
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut
- Tim Holtz Blending Tool
- Gold Glitter
- Mod Podge
- Fabric Flowers
- Straight Pins
- Metal Embellishments
- Twine from Timeless Twine
- Metal Charms
Here is a quick tutorial for you to make your own Washi Tape and Twine Christmas Ornaments
- Take the Foam Ornaments and wrap the ball with Washi. (I did a different type of technique on each ornament) On one I wrapped the ornament with all of the same Washi. The next one I tore bits and pieces covering the ball with 4 different types of washi, and the last ball I use two different types of washi. Giving each of them their own unique look but still making them look the same.
- Press the washi so it is down flat.
- Take the distress ink and ink the washi
- Pain the ornaments lightly with a Robin's Egg color paint
- Allow to dry
- Add Embellishments
- Use Mod Podge and add Glitter.
- Take Twine and tie small bows on each of the ornaments
- Using another color of twine take the charms and tie them onto the ornaments giving them more delicious shabby chicness!!
- Add Straight Pins
- And your Ornaments are complete
I hope that you liked my ornaments that I made today using the fabulous Timeless Twine!!! Be sure to check out their blog and Store to get your fabulous Timeless Twine Goodies!!!
**My Shabby Chic embellishments came from Creating with Details*