Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog hop hosted by the amazing Lisa at Honeybearz Designs! This is my 3rd year of participating in this hop. I get so excited each and every year to sign up to participate! I would like to personally thank the amazing Elf Lisa for hosting such a fun event. This year I am doing something different. I am going to post a different DIY Holiday Christmas bulb using simple craft supplies. I hope that you will come back everyday to see all 12 Ornaments. I have been hard at work in Santa’s Workshop to bring you fun projects each and every day! Before we go any further though I want to make sure that you stopped here after visiting our Guest Elf- Melinda be sure to click HERE if you need to start at the beginning be sure to click HERE.
For my 7th ornament I wanted to create something for the Elegant Tree. I really wanted this one to turn out, and it did beautifully.
Here are the items that you need to create this Elegant Ornament
- Plastic Bulb from the Dollar Store
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- Black and Gold Ribbon
- Plastic Cup
How to make this Elegant Christmas Ornament
- Take top off of bulb and set aside
- Pour gold paint inside of bulb and swirl around. Be patient, it does use quite a bit of paint, however the outcome is beautiful.
- Pour black paint inside of the bulb and repeat the same step as above
- When your ornament is the way that you want it, tip your bulb upside down into a paper cup. This is what will catch all of the excess paint
- Allow to dry
- Once dry, put the top back on the ornament and tie a knot using the black and gold ribbon
I hope that you like the ornament today! Be sure to pull out those old Christmas bulbs and up-cycle them. Be Creative in what you do, and do what you love. I know that this elf sure had fun in her workshop creating this cute bulb.
Next up in this hop is the super talented ELF- Ashley be sure to check out what she is making in Santa’s Workshop.
But wait before you go let’s give a big Thank You shout out to our sponsors!!
In order to be eligible to Win be sure to read the rules HERE
Also here is the Hop Line up for Day 7 in case you get lost.
1. Lisa Pontious – http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com
Kim – http://katydidcards.com (Guest Designer)
Melinda – http://www.mypapercrafting.com (Guest Designer)
2. Madge – http://www.thescrappinlounge.com/blog
3. Ashley W – http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com
4. Sandy Hentzel – https://www.bloglovin.com/…/scrapbook-blessings-club-5722003
5. Elizabeth Jeanne – http://CraftsByHappyStamper.com
6. Angela – www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com
7. Alicia – www.goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com
8. Miranda – www.nanasscrapspot.com
9. Daphne – http://craftyscrapsofstuff.blogspot.com/
10. Rhonda – craftingwithblue.blogspot.com
11. Charmagne – http://www.sanurascraps.blogspot.com
12. Barbara- http://barbarab3.blogspot.com
13. Lisa F – http://lisaslittlerascals.blogspot.com
14. Sharondalyn – Http://www.clippingsbysharondalyn.blogspot.com
15. Jessi – http://www.mylifeinartsncrafts.co
16. Heather – Http://www.paper-junkie.blogspot.com